If it wasn’t for the avocados turning brown and getting mushy I’d make a gallon of this at a time then load it into a horse feeding bag and go to town till I was either sick or it was gone.
Yep, it’s that good.
It’s a homage to summer’s bounty. It’s fresh, crunchy, refreshing, crisp, easy to make, and delicious.
Cucumbers good. Tomatoes good. Avocado good. Once they’re tossed together a beautiful salad emerges. Top it off with a little homemade lemon and mustard vinaigrette to help cut some of the creaminess of the avocado and brighten up the remainder of the vegetables, and it’s ready to go.
Since we try to stay on the healthier side of food we don’t usually eat fried anything, but I saw a video of Gordon Ramsay making his legendary beer battered fish and chips, and I just couldn’t resist!
Then I thought… Lemon + fish = marriage made in heaven, and that’s how the vinaigrette was born!
Cucumber, Tomato, & Avocado with a Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 Shallot, sliced thinly
- 12 Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 Lemon (fresh squeezed juice)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- Step 1 Place the cucumber, tomatoes, and shallots in a bowl, and set aside.
- Step 2 In a container that seals tightly place olive oil, seasoning, mustard, and lemon juice. Seal, and shake till it emulsifies and turns slightly white in color.
- Step 3 Pour vinaigrette onto salad, and mix well.
- Step 4 Add avocado and gently toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.