Why reinvent the wheel?
Twice baked potatoes are a classic that pair well with so many things, but for me there not something that I make very often. I’m not sure why because they’re easy to make and they’re rockin!
The tasty spuds are filled with all the goodness you’d expect!
- Sour Cream
- More Cheese
Plus, if you fudge on the recipe here and there they’ll still come out great! Having exact measurements aren’t really necessary.
These babies can be topped with whatever your heart desires too. Bacon is a classic, but green onions, chives, different cheese flavors, jalapenos, and salsa are also pretty tasty options.
I stuck with the classic in this recipe, but for all means please just use this as a guide.
Twice Baked Potato
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup of crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of cheese, plus extra to top
- Optional: Top with chopped parsley, green onion, bacon., or sour cream
- Step 1 Wash potatoes well, and bake them at 400 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours till tender, or microwave them on hight heat for about 4 minutes each potato.
- Step 2 Once potatoes are cooked cut them in half. Carefully remove the center parts of the potato leaving the shell in tack. If it tears or breaks a little that’s okay too.
- Step 3 Mix the filling in a large bowl with the remainder of ingredients.
- Step 4 Fill the potato skins with the filling and place on a cookie sheet. Top with extra cheese.
- Step 5 Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Step 6 Garnish with chopped parsley , green onion, bacon, or sour cream.
- Step 7 Enjoy